Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Philty McNastys Oakville Style


I will depart a little away from my normal area and travel to the outreaches of Oakville.

This is an interesting place to write about because all of the little things that made this night intreaguing.

I would like to go on record to say that I do not usually like suburban bars/restaurant because they all have to be driven to and I do not think that goes well with the whole drinking thing at all. Sure you can have a DD but who wants to be that?

The layout of this place was the coolest thing. There were normal restaurant parts to it but also a fairly large semi private room to the side as well as a bar area. There was a little bit for everyone. The bar is centre located (which I like) but the far side of the bar has about 3 steps up to it so that the people sitting at the bar are on regular chairs not bar stools. I really like this as it adds comfort to the awesojmeness of sitting at a bar. However, I think we were seated in the coolest place of all. We were seated in a mock kitchen equipped with a 70s fridge, stove, china on the walls, and a sink as well as a big TV on the wall. It gave the impression that you were just sitting at home and someone was serving you there.................. in the 70s.

As you know, or will come to know, I like deals on food and drink. This place had one for each day so whatever your fancy you could find a day you like whether it be chili Fridays or all you can eat fish and chips Thursdays. I had the fish and it was great. This also wasn;t one of those "You have to eat everything on your plate before we bring you more"places either. I finished my fish and not yet my chips and the guy brought me more just fish. 2 thumbs up for me.

Standard beers were on tap and the service was good so all in all a good night. If you are in Oakville you should hit it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment