Thursday, April 26, 2012

TFC Takes the........... Upgraded Chip Butty?

Good Day!!

Have you ever gone to a sporting event and said, "I have a great idea for some food that should be sold here for me to consume right now"?  No?  Well I have.  MLSE (Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment) has been fairly slow at adding and changing around food in their venues.  I mean sure they have some interesting stuff in the ACC for Leafs and Raptors games but how long did that take to come about.

With TFC and BMO Field they were able to make a fresh start and try out some new things.  They had a couple of interesting moves when it came to food such as the introduction of the "Chip Butty", a sandwich that is filled with.... you guessed it FRIES.  This is itself was only OK and I thought of some inclusions that could make it better.  Well this year they stepped it up.

NEW FOOD:

Taco Stand-  Did not have this but looked pretty good

New Chip Butties- They have really expanded these with a Poutine, Garlic, chicken and chip versions.
                             - I decided to try a variation on the chicken and chip with asking for buffalo chicken  and chip.  It was good and the mesh of flavours was perfect for a cold day. However, it was a little too starchy with all the bread all in there.

Improved Pulled Pork- Had a bite of the new pulled pork and it was very juicy for something I imagine was mass produced.  I would have this again.

Perogies- Not sure if these were here before but they were actually my favourite.  They were crispy on the outside and warm/soft on the inside.  They also come in a convenient tray that was easy to eat from with is key for a sporting event.

Hot Dogs Galore-  So many new kinds of Hotdogs that I will have to wait and try them a different day.
                           -  Southern Pulled pork, chili and cheese, poutine, BLT and beef brisket.
                           - I was lost in the choices


So if you have to buy some over priced food at the game, there are now some at least interesting choices to try out.

EAT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment