Monday, October 15, 2012

A Burger with a View

This Burger has the best view in Canada anyway.

Up the CN Tower you would assume that the food in the restaurants is expensive and poor quality.  You would be right on one of the 2 assumptions.  It is fairly expensive but the quality is great.

This was my first trip up the tower even though I have lived in Toronto my whole life.  It was a great experience and I would suggest that anyone who goes up get a virtual handheld guide.  It is well worth it.

What made it all the more worthwhile for me was the burger.  It was "towering" (forgive me) with all the fixings including mushrooms, fried onions and 2 kinds of bacon!!  Usually the bacon on the burger only comes in 1 variety so this was a pleasure.  Stacked on top was onion rings around a knife that went through the whole meal.  The rings were crisp with a soft onion centre that gave a crunch and mush feeling that's perfect.  The burger was as you imagine it.  It's huge mass worked well as you could not fit it all in your mouth.  The different flavors complimented each other and led to a texture mixer in my mouth.  Never thought I would eat up there let alone love it.

Despite the expense, if you are going up for free it is well worth it to eat in Horizons (The other fine dining one is a 360 degree spinning restaurant).  The view is worth it and surprisingly the food is almost worth it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment