Monday, December 20, 2010

Having Some Sea Food With the Captain!


This one goes a bit outside of town but if you are on the road and looking for some great cheap seafood in an old school place I have a spot for you.


Brighton is a bustling town of just over 10,000 people in the township and was the dinner stop for myself on driving to Ottawa on Friday. Don't let the larger centres such as Belleville and even Trenton lure you in with their "fast foods" and their "bring lights" because obviously the brightest lights is BRIGHTON.


When you get off on exit 509 from the 401 go south for about 5 KM and you come to the town. Turn left at the Ultramar gas station and Elizabeth St. and yo come to Captain George's Fish and Chips. This place is a local favourite take out and eat in and you know it is good when they deep fry stuff like crazy. I ended up meeting 2 friends who were traveling the opposite way from me and we ate a romantic meal together.


I had the Seafood platter which was HUGE. It consisted of fish, chips, onion rings, scallops, and shrimp. at $11 it was one of the largest portion of food I have received for that amount and melted in my mouth. Juicy shrimp with seafood sauce and scallops with tartar could not stay on my plate. Side note; I also loved the waitresses calling me dear and honey all night. 60 year olds make my day :).


Filled with food and joy I got back on the road and continued my trip. If you are making this drive you should forget the chain places and head here instead. You will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment