Monday, November 28, 2011

Kalendar on College


Hey all,

Been lazy updating this in the past few weeks but I will throw a few out there this week.

If you are looking for a good birthday place that has great food, isn't too expensive and has some of the best dishes in the city, hit up Kalendar on College just west of Bathurst.

I have been here twice so I will report on both dishes that I have had there.

However, I will put it out there first that they have a great selection of beers both on tap and in the bottle. Good enough that it impressed a beer snob :)

On to the food.

They have a large selection of a unique dish that they call scrolls. Now a scroll is a crepe style roti with some delicious insides. The options are a sigle scroll, a single with salad, and a dinner (double). The dinner is a massive amount of food and will fill you for days to come.

I chose scroll 5 which was oven roasted chicken, avocado, plum tomatoes, feta & herbed mayonnaise. WOW. It was amazing. Each bite had all of the flavours that I needed and it was held together by the crepe roti that contained all of the goodness. Perfect idea.

The second time I was there I chose the New Zealand Spring Lamb Chops which were six delicious spring lamb chops with a mango chutney served with sweet mashed potatoes & sauteed vegetables. They were spectacular as well. The lamb was amazingly moist and I almost couldn't finish them it was so much food. The only thing I would change about this is the amount of chutney on the lamb. It was almost too much and I scraped some off but I ended up using it with the rest of my sides as it was delicious.

Go here and you will love it. I promise

No comments:

Post a Comment