Wednesday, November 2, 2011

BBQ in the North


Bamm. Hit some BBQ this week. The BarQue Smokehouse is located on Roncesvalles Ave in the west of the city.

This places screams good food right when you walk in and all you can smell is awesome smoked meat (they even have a smoker cam on their website http://barque.ca/?gclid=CNeAhvfomKwCFYXrKgodoUS5Ow ).

Right when you sit down you have a bucket of popcorn on your table along with 2 types of Bar-B-Que sauce. One is a mustardy sauce, that was my favorite, and the other is fairly regular sauce.

I could not decide what to get on the menu so I went for the taster platter.

You can choose 3 of 4 mains as well as 2 sides to your meal.

choice 1: Beef Brisket sliced into strips and slow cooked in the smoker. It was amazing and tender with a crispy outside that was perfect with the mustard sauce. mmmmmmmmm

Choice 2: Chicken thigh also from the slow cooker. It fell off the bone when I touched it. Thought it might be a little bit bigger but was delicious and juicy.

Choice 3: Beef Rib that looked like it was from the beginning of the Flinstones that tips over the car. It is huge and made for a great portion of the meal. Again dark and juicy and slow roasted to perfection.

Side 1: Smoked Cuban Corn that had some sort of spice on it that I didn't know what it was. It was a perfect compliment to the meal.

Side 2: Smoked Tomato Gnocchi that was in a skillet that was amazing. This is my fav side and has some spinach on top as well.

To top it off I had a bottle of Boylan Cherry Cola that went right along with the meal.

Side Note: When I left I still wanted to try their baby back ribs in a dryrub. Luckily they have them in carry out form where they are vacuum packed and ready to go. It is actually in the oven as I write this and I will edit it just as I finish them for dinner tonight.

Followup: They were awesome. Perfect amount of spice to not hide the amazing smokeyness from my mouth. They would be even better if I had them in the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment