Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cafe 668 - Duncan Goes Veggie


I know I know. This is highly irregular. I have a bunch of veggie friends and I have to let them pick sometimes. This was a product of their picking and it took me to Dundas just west of Bathurst.


I am always interested to see what all veggie restaurants have to offer someone who eats a lot and enjoys meat.


This place hit the spot.


I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of Mushroom offers that i could choose from (I love mushrooms). We started with the dumplings that were pan fried and they were really good. use the sauce they give you as it has a really nice tang to it.


I then moved onto the fried mushrooms that came with a little bit of a spicy sauce. They were able to keep the juiciness of the mushrooms while frying them up.


Moving on I had the King Mushroom special. The only issue I had with it was the sauce was a little much. Not as in taste wise but there was a little too much of the sauce. It had some zip to it and the veggies were plentiful. The noodles looked homemade and were amazing. If you want something that has the crispy noodles I would switch to the egg noodles. Fantastic. All in all it was too much food for me to eat. Had to take almost a full meal home.


The price it a little bit more than I usually go for but I had a ton of food for $30 no drink all in.


Suggestion........... go here. You should enjoy even for the biggest meat eater.

No comments:

Post a Comment