Thursday, October 28, 2010

I Win the Triple Crown


So the Leafs were playing. I had to go watch some hockey. I was hungry. This is how a lot of nights start for me. We were going to try a new place called "Let's Wing It" on Yonge at College but it was just me and my buddy Chris so we decided to try this other place we had heard good things about.


We hit this place called the Triple Crown Pub just West of Vic Park on Lawrence. At first look when i was walking in I thought it was a banquet hall. It had a weird entrance and then a weird look as I came in with a dining portion and a bar portion separated by a glass wall. However, I did notice that there were peanuts on the ground so I guess that this was my type of place!


Lots of TVs and newly renovated, this place had a great atmosphere. Apparently there was a fire there recently and it was closed for a bit and reopened. I even saw one of my buddies from baseball there who happens to live around the corner and this is his regular place. There is a lot of intense pool that goes on here with a bunch of leagues. Very pro Leaf bar.


On to the important part..... WINGS!!


They were tasty. not dry they were saucy and if you like spice go a little higher than you usually go. I went medium but felt after eating I could have gone hot. They were large wings though and plenty of them. No deals that day but you get wings fries and veggies on a huge platter so it is for sure a good deal.


NOTE: I heard after I ordered from an inside source that the best flavour isn't even on the menu and it is CAJUN.


The Leafs won and I was stuffed from my food. Beer was relatively cheap and I would for sure go back to this place. Just would eat less peanuts before my meal came.

No comments:

Post a Comment