Wednesday, October 20, 2010

More Thai Food for Me


Asian food twice in one week does not come along all that often but when it does it is magical. Coming back from Ottawa on Sunday I was driving back with my friend Cass and we had some time to kill before her train took off. It was dinner time so we thought some fine (read: casual) dining (read: food) might be in order. On Bayview there is small place called Asian Bowl. I was not disappointed.


Lets put this out there right off the bat. I really like Pad Thai. I can eat it many times in a month or even a week and not get sick of it. I find that there are many different versions that different places end up making. The variation on the dish is mind boggling and I bet I could write a whole blog on just Pad Thai. However, I digress.............


To my surprise I ordered the Chicken and Shrimp Pad Thai. It hit the spot. The key to this was that it had a bit of a kick to it that I had not experienced much of before. There was minimal cilantro (the perfect amount) and the sauce was not thick and overbearing as it sometimes tends to be. The peanuts were evenly distributed and had just the right amount of crunch. The portion was large (enough for lunch on Monday). The only thing that I would improve on is to serve it on a plate rather than a bowl. This allows for better movement and working with the meal.


For a starter we had the Shrimp Krystal rolls in rice paper. they were tasty but what really brought the flavour was the dip that came with it. It had kick with a bunch of different flavours.


The music was a casual jazz which had an interesting juxtaposition in this atmosphere. I quite liked it. It was a very fun "date" with Cass (She is engaged btw. CONGRATS!!) and I was able to get her in and out in an hour and get to the train.


I rate this place GOOD EATS!!


Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment