Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sassafraz. High End Living


WHOA!!


Winterlicious allows me to eat places that i would never pay for otherwise and I guess that is the idea but I was able to get treated out for this amazing meal and have a great time as well.


I the heart of Yorkville there is a big white house. Within that house is a large spacious restaurant. Within that restaurant there is a table. Upon which I at a great big meal last week and it was ............... great!!


On Cumberland sits Sassafraz. Winterlicious is a great event!!


First of all they have solid Ontario micro brewed beers on tap and a decent selection.


At $45 a person you get a 3 course meal. This is far removed from what could have been about $100 per person on a regular night.


I started with the shrimp tamale with a green chili sauce that gave the meal some great kick. The outer layer of cornbread was very moist and allowed you to pull in the chili flavour.


Next came the steak. Perfectly cooked with delicious greens and a potato hash. The only thing that I could do without is the butter that was on my steak but it was in a chunk and I could easily pull it off.


For desert it was basically a chocolate brownie with mousse and other filling in it and passion fruit Sherbet.


This was too much food for me and I couldn't even finish it but I would for sure check it out while the deal is still on as you might not want to pay full price but it is a great date night out.


Eat well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment