Monday, February 21, 2011

Sat Brunch Special


Had no idea where we were heading for brunch.


Decided to drive with my friend towards her house and find a place along the way.


This placed ended up being Squirleys on Queen west as I had seen it before and wanted to try it.


Now I had heard that they did have great wings but that will have to be for another time as they did not have wings on their brunch menu.


Squirleys is an awesome atmosphere. Its not too busy and has a low key feel about it with a back courtyard patio for the summer. Awesome waitress and hilarious satin curtains were hanging in front of the door to keep the cold air at bay. It worked.


Not expensive food. I ended up paying less than $10 for a huge solid meal.


I would suggest getting the grilled asiago chicken. One of the most juicy pieces of chicken with melted asiago cheese and caramelized onions topped with tomato and lettuce on a fresh Kaiser bun. WOW. This was one of the best sandwiches I dare say that I ever had. Not to over shadow the soup which was very solid. I really enjoys that the pureed tomatoes in the soup did not make the whole soup without chunks. It had some solid texture to it which allows it to seem more hardy.


Go here for brunch and you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment