Thursday, November 4, 2010

Get Duncan to the Greek!!


Mmmmmmmmmmm.............. Greek Food!!


This is what I was thinking last night after a good night watching some comedy. I was driving my buddy home from the show and I thought to myself, "I am on the Danforth. I am hungry. 1+1=2. I'm getting Greek food." A natural progression in my mind and it should be in every one's as well. I proceeded to head to my regular and favourite spot for take out. Messini Authentic Gyros.


This place is just east of Chester station on the Danforth.


A sign that you know the place is good is that cops eat there. I have no idea why, maybe it is the fact that they eat a lot of takeout and are always driving around but it just seems that they know the best places to eat. I have only been in there once ever that a cop is not getting something to go.


This is the place for Gyros.


The combination of spiced chicken, tomatoes, onion, lettuce, and french fries (THAT'S RIGHT I SAID FRIES!!) all wrapped up in a nice warm pita is just amazing. This is the perfect thing if you are looking for a quick snack/meal at like 9:30 or 10ish. Eat it warm as when it cools it is not quite as good. The cops agree.


If you want there is also a sit down area which has a larger menu and I would highly suggest the Greek salad which is a no brianer. FYI the Gyros plate comes with 2 Gyros and can be used for 2 people. Tricked me the first time.
Do it and Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. I found their to be too greasy and oily. At all points of the meal I was in glyceride hell. The greatest affront (apart from the carb-overload of fries, in a pita) was the overwhelmingly boring boiled potatoes drenched in oil. Pass.

    ReplyDelete