Sunday, November 7, 2010

Just Beet It!!!!!!


The Beet. In the heart of the old Junction. Keele and Dundas. More sentences with periods.


I had brunch with all of my old Halifax roommates all at once in the same place on Sat. We do not get this much and with Rose picking the place I knew it would work out food wise.


The Beet is a small place that is very vegetarian and vegan friendly. They also do wheat free items as well. If you have very specific dietary requirements or enjoy these things this is an amazing place for you.


We had a feast and had most of the things on the menu.


I started with a butternut squash soup with apple and ginger in it and was very good. It felt like home cooking with a twist. Then came the main. Lamb burger with potato wedges and a salad.


The wedges were great alternating between sweet potatoes and regular potatoes. The salad had a bunch of nuts and was lightly dressed and had signature shredded beets on it. Delicious.


The burger was good but not amazing. Maybe I was expecting something else from a lamb burger but if I went again I would get the bison burger instead.


I also had a Macedonian sausage on the side. This was amazing and I wish I had a bunch more.


All in all you should check this place out. There is something for everyone including tons of smoothies and teas. Get out to the west end and check it out.

2 comments: